Saturday 3 December 2011

Happy Birthday



"Happy Birthday" I hear you say?  Well for me I have a few to celebrate even before Christmas comes along.  My mother's and my daughter's are a day apart and my sister-in-law has just had hers.  So the lucky recipient of this card? My mum!!!




For this card I started of with white card stock and blue paper, which I embossed using my cuttlebug.
After applying the paper to my card stock, I cut out the oval shape using Nellie's multi frames in white.  After doing this I used rub-ons to spell out Happy Birthday.  (For some reason I have misplaced my stamp and had to find something else from my stash.)




Next I punched out some butterflies from my tonic punch using sparkling paper I found from one of my crafting shops.  Having punched out two, I stuck them together to give a bit of dimension to the card, with one being stuck down flat and the top one lifted up.  I love this paper and you can find it in a wide variety of colours. 




The smaller butterflies were punched out from my Creative Memories small punch.  I popped them up to give a bit of dimension.  The ribbon was added and the bling went on.



I am entering this card into two challenges this week.




Check out these great challenges where you can find some amazing work.

Thanks for stopping by

Celeste

3 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Beautiful birthday card! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

Tamie said...

Stunning butterflies! I love the oval with the bling around it and the way you put your happy birthday in the middle. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Sandie said...

Gorgeous card Celeste, I adore the colour and those butterflies are precious. Your Mother will love it!